Applied Clinical Governance
one-day Workshop | $649
Good clinical governance places an emphasis on systemic approaches to safety and quality, rather than reactive, short-term fixes. It draws on the experiences of patients and the contributions of all staff as well as organisation-level strategies.
As a clinician and/or a middle manager in healthcare, you have a key role to play in clinical governance as an important contributor to the identification of quality improvement goals, the design and implementation of quality improvement initiatives and the evaluation of outcomes within your professional setting.
Applied Clinical Governance
one-day Workshop | $649 (inc. GST)
About the workshop
Clinical governance refers to the systems and practices that healthcare organisations implement to:
- Ensure organisational and individual accountability for the patient safety and quality of care
- Maintain high standards of care
- Continuously improve the quality of service delivery
The Applied Clinical Governance workshop is an interactive one day (six hour) workshop where you will explore your role in clinical governance and learn how to apply clinical governance frameworks to your environment. You will learn how to identify systems and tools that can be used to develop skills to investigate patient safety issues and to develop strategies and action plans to support quality care.
As part of the workshop, you will also gain access to the Clinical Governance online course, which serves as the pre-reading that informs the workshop content. You are required to complete the online course, which will be made available two weeks prior to the workshop.
The online course (pre-reading) consists of three modules:
- Module A: Introduction to clinical governance
- Module B: The role of quality and safety in healthcare
- Module C: Credentialing and professional development in clinical governance
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately two hours per module (six hours in total) on this online component1, which can be completed over multiple days.
All AICG programs have been written to reflect the elements of the AICG Clinical Governance Framework by expert contractors, reviewed by the Course Advisory Committee and approved for continuing professional development points/hours by the accrediting bodies; RACS, RACGP, ACRRM and ACN.
Certificate of completion
Upon successful completion of this workshop (including pre and post assessment), you will receive a certificate which you should retain for your records2.
continuing professional development
This workshop (including the pre-reading) offers the following:
- Australasian Institute of Clinical Governance (AICG): 12 CPD Hours
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP): 40 CPD Category 1 Points
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS): 12 CPD hours
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM): 30 PDP Credit Points
- Australian College of Nursing (ACN): 12 CPD hours
- Australian Physiotherapy Council (APC): 12 CPD hours
$649 (inc. GST)
The workshops are held at the HEAL/AICG office:
Level 16/120 Spencer Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
learnings from participants
"The first thing I am going to do is go back and ask my team 'how do we know we give safe care?' I now realise that I can and should make a difference in my team even though we are small, and not get overwhelmed by the system." - Palliative Care Doctor
"I never realised I could actually help in my position." - Clinical Governance team member for an insurer
"I realise now how I need to phrase the questions to staff to communicate better and get their buy-in." - Hospital Risk person