Online course | $109
Feedback is a process whereby people obtain information about their performance as a basis for improvement. This information should help the recipient appreciate the similarities and differences between their performance and the standards for any given work, and the quality of the work itself.
All health professionals provide and receive feedback, but the effectiveness of this feedback can have a positive or negative contribution to the individual and to team development and collaboration across healthcare disciplines. Therefore it is essential that it is done effectively.
Online Course | $109 (inc. GST)
About the online course
In the Feedback course*, you will learn about how feedback works and what makes it effective - both for you and for others. The online course will help you to consider how to provide effective feedback and to request and receive it in ways that will help your learning. You will also gain insights into what can lead to feedback being ineffective and what to avoid. This will all be demonstrated in the context of the healthcare setting, in which specific practices and norms related to feedback are evident.
The online course contains three modules:
- Module A: Seeking feedback on your performance
- Module B: Working with the feedback you receive
- Module C: Providing effective feedback to others
On completion of the online course, you will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for seeking feedback
- Explain the barriers to seeking feedback
- List your feedback preferences
- Develop practical strategies to seek direct and indirect feedback effectively
- Receive feedback at any time
- Evaluate feedback
- Develop action plans and practical strategies
- Create a culture of feedback
- Appreciate different feedback styles
- Model principles of effective feedback
- Develop practical strategies to provide feedback effectively
- Develop strategies to provide effective feedback in difficult contexts
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately two hours per module (six hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
All AICG programs have been written by experts to reflect the elements of the AICG Clinical Governance Framework, reviewed by the Course Advisory Committee and approved for continuing professional development points/hours by the accrediting bodies; RACGP, ACRRM and ACN.
Online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have six months of online access to complete the three modules. The six month period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
continuing professional development
This course offers the following:
- AICG: 6 CPD Hours
- RACGP: 12 CPD Category 2 Points
- ACRRM: 6 PDP Credit Points
- ACN: 6 CPD hours
$109 (inc. GST)