Culture and Collaboration
Online Course | $99
There is strong evidence linking staff experiences in the workplace to positive clinical outcomes.
"All patients are entitled to expect and to receive safe care while in hospital... a hospital or health service organisation that is not identifying vulnerabilities [such as cultural and language backgrounds] in 'the system' and acting positively to either eliminate or reduce the vulnerabilities identified will not achieve its end goal of providing safe and better care to patients"1.
Better culture means better patient outcomes2.
Culture and Collaboration
Online course | $99 (Inc. GST)
About the online course
This course has been designed to assist health professionals to understand the importance of good culture and collaboration and their role in enhancing interactions with individuals, their team and the organisation that employs them. Health professionals undertaking this course will analyse their cultural blind spots, practice cultural competence and assess and develop strategies to improve areas of organisational culture within their sphere of influence.
The online course consists of four modules:
- Module A: Who am I? (Internal culture)
- Module B: Cultural competence
- Module C: Organisational and team culture
- Module D: Diverse nations
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the role culture plays in providing healthcare for patients within a clinical governance framework of quality and safety
- Identify blind spots and barriers that hinder the provision of healthcare for patients within a clinical governance framework of quality and safety
- Reflect on your own clinical practice and how the culture at all levels has an impact
- Explain why culture is important
- Describe how organisational culture guides individual behaviour
- Describe important elements of a team culture and interprofessional collaboration in healthcare
- Analyse existing workplace culture
- Explain how Australasia became multicultural societies
- Describe how culture impacts the health of individuals
- Describe how culture impacts the health workforce in Australasia
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately one and a half hours per module (six hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
All AICG programs have been written by expert contractors and reviewed by the accrediting bodies; RACS, RACGP, ACCRM and ACN.
online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have four weeks of online access to complete the three modules. The four week period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
continuing professional development
This course offers the following:
- AICG: 6 CPD Hours
- RACGP: 12 CPD Category 2 Points
- ACRRM: 6 PDP Credit Points
- RACS: 12 CPD Credit Points
- ACN: 6 CPD hours
$99 (inc. GST)
Upon completion of the online course, you will be eligible to attend the related workshop; Building Culture and Collaboration at a 10% discounted rate.