Online Course | $182
Clinical governance provides a system through which everyone involved in the delivery of care is jointly accountable for patient safety and quality care1.
Good clinical governance places an emphasis on systemic approaches to safety and quality, rather than reactive, short-term fixes. It draws on the experiences of consumers and the contributions of all staff, as well as organisation-level strategies and continuous quality improvement.
Online Course | $182 (inc. GST)
About the online Course
The Clinical Governance course* is designed to help you to understand contemporary clinical governance; how it has developed and its structure and purpose. By exploring case studies across multiple sectors and reviewing Australasian systems and processes you will have an opportunity to determine how to improve clinical governance and patient safety. This online course is also included in our Applied Clinical Governance workshop as the pre-reading component if you are interested in a more in-depth course.
The course contains three modules:
- Module A: Introduction to clinical governance
- Module B: The role of quality and safety in healthcare
- Module C: Credentialing and professional development in clinical governance
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain why clinical governance is needed in contemporary healthcare
- Describe how clinical governance applies to you, your team and the organisation that employs you
- Describe the role and accountability of the health professional, patient and community in clinical governance
- Recognise the importance of partnering with consumers
- List the key criteria for good clinical governance for safety and quality in health service organisations
- Engage in the risk management process, including reporting, monitoring and ongoing improvement
- Describe the role that continuing professional development has to play in the provision of high quality, safe and effective patient care In clinical governance in all aspects of practice
- Select and apply appropriate frameworks and tools to enhance patient safety
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately two hours per module (six hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
All AICG programs have been written by experts to reflect the elements of the AICG Clinical Governance Framework, reviewed by the Course Advisory Committee and approved for continuing professional development points/hours by the accrediting bodies; RACGP, ACRRM and ACN.
This online course forms the pre-reading component of the Applied Clinical Governance workshop. If you would like an opportunity to apply your clinical governance knowledge in an interactive setting, you may choose to purchase the workshop instead (online course included).
online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have six months of online access to complete the three modules. The six month period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
continuing professional development
This course offers the following:
- AICG: 6 CPD Hours
- RACGP: 6 CPD Hours
- ACRRM: 6 PDP Credit Points
- ACN: 9 CPD Hours
$182 (inc. GST)
Upon completion of the online course, you will be eligible to attend the related workshop; Applied Clinical Governance at a 10% discounted rate.