Management for health professionals
Online Course | $99
Good performance as a clinician often leads to management opportunities.
If you are excelling in your current role, it's likely that you will be provided with the opportunity to take on more management tasks. While this provides a great opportunity to advance in your career, it may also highlight a skills gap in management functions such as managing resources, rostering, budgeting and managing people. This course has been designed to fill those gaps and provide you with the confidence to be proficient in these newfound responsibilities.
Management for Health Professionals
Online Course | $99.00 (inc. GST)
About the online course
This online course has been prepared for health professionals who are transitioning to a management role to help prepare them and build confidence in their management skills.
The course contains four modules:
- Module A: The healthcare system
- Module B: Managing and influencing
- Module C: Managing people
- Module D: Managing general resources and finances
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the Australian and/or New Zealand health environment
- Discuss the impact of organisational governance and strategy on your role
- Identify funding streams
- Define leadership and management
- Describe types of authority and influencing skills
- Discuss basic tendencies of human behaviour and power
- Manage the boundaries of your influence when you are not there
- Develop strategies to improve resilience
- List time management techniques for use in the workplace
- Develop a workforce plan, review job roles and write a position description relevant to the service needs
- Develop a roster
- Comprehend conflict management and negotiation skills
- Determine your general resourcing needs, lifestyle cycle and develop a replacement plan
- Describe how to prepare a budget
- Read basic financial statements
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately 1.5 hours per module (six hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have four weeks of online access to complete the four modules. The four week period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
continuing professional development
This course offers the following:
- AICG: 6 CPD Hours
$99 (inc. GST)