Effective leadership in the healthcare setting
Online Course | $150
Leadership is one of the central attributes in the delivery of safe, quality patient care. It is evident that ineffective leadership is a major contributing factor to patient complications.
All healthcare professionals will be called upon at multiple points in their career to demonstrate effective leadership. While it’s a skill that comes more easily to some than others, with some people being described as ‘natural leaders’, it’s important to recognise that leadership skills can be developed.
Effective Leadership in the Healthcare Setting
Online course | $150 (Inc. GST)
About the online Course
The Effective Leadership in the Healthcare Setting online course* is designed to introduce you to the fundamental values that underpin good leadership. The course contains three modules:
- Module A: Identifying your leadership potential
- Module B: Developing your leadership
- Module C: Leadership today: philosophy, innovation, delivery
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the role of leadership in the multi-disciplinary and multi-agency context of healthcare
- Discuss the characteristics of effective leaders
- Appreciate your own leadership limits
- Identify when your colleagues need leadership
- Critically appraise and identify various domains and develop your leadership skills, even whilst you are not in a formal leadership role
- Develop and practice leadership skills
- Discuss the discourses that influence leadership and followership styles
- Debate the role of innovation as either a sustaining or a disruptive technology
- Discuss the role of design thinking as an iterative and collaborative process to develop ideas for change
- Describe the change process and barriers to change
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately three hours per module (nine hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
All AICG programs have been written to reflect the elements of the AICG Clinical Governance Framework by expert contractors, reviewed by the Course Advisory Committee and approved for continuing professional development points/hours by the accrediting bodies; RACGP, ACRRM and ACN.
online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have four weeks of online access to complete the three modules. The four week period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
continuing professional development
This course offers the following:
- AICG: 9 CPD Hours
- RACGP: 18 CPD Category 2 Points (Note: Accreditation for 2020-22 Triennium is pending)
- ACRRM: 9 PDP Credit Points (Note: Accreditation for 2020-22 Triennium is pending)
- ACN: 9 CPD Hours
$150 (inc. GST)
Upon completion of the online course, you will be eligible to attend the related workshop; Advanced Leadership in Healthcare at a 10% discounted rate.