Online Course | $109
Teaching and learning in the clinical environment require a unique set of skills.
In this environment, there are specific attributes of and challenges to, your teaching role. This course is designed to introduce health practitioners to the basics of teaching, learning and supervision. These are lifelong skills which you can build upon throughout your professional life.
Online Course | $109 (inc. GST)
About the online course
Useful strategies are fully explored in this online course, including planning an effective induction, the patient’s role in clinical education and being a responsive teacher. Ultimately, demonstrating that practitioners can provide safe and effective patient care is the goal of assessment in health education.
This course contains three modules:
- Module A: Planning and structuring teaching for any environment
- Module B: What is special about clinical teaching and supervision
- Module C: Continuing to learn: Lifelong learning and assessment
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the integral nature of teaching and learning
- Define your learning style and learning needs
- Tailor teaching to others using frameworks
- Develop learning objectives
- Describe strategies for learner engagement
- Plan and structure teaching for the clinical environment
- Teach a skill
- Describe the patient’s role in clinical education
- Discuss the challenges of clinical education
- Discuss the principles of effective assessment
- Commit to ongoing professional development
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately two hours per module (six hours in total) on this course. You don’t have to complete the course in one sitting.
All AICG programs have been written by experts to reflect the elements of the AICG Clinical Governance Framework, reviewed by the Course Advisory Committee and approved for continuing professional development points/hours by the accrediting bodies; RACS, RACGP, ACRRM and ACN.
online Course access
Upon purchase of the course, you will have four weeks of online access to complete the three modules. The four week period begins from the time of purchase and you can return to the course at any time within the period you are subscribed.
Certificate of completion
After successfully completing all modules of this course you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should retain for your records.
continuing professional development
This course offers the following:
- AICG: 6 CPD Hours
- RACGP: 12 CPD Category 2 Points
- ACRRM: 6 PDP Credit Points
$109 (inc. GST)