Clinical governance for boards
Women on Boards member exclusive
Understand the responsibilities of Board Directors in the area of clinical governance, through this Clinical Governance for Boards workshop, available exclusively to members of Women on Boards.
Clinical governance refers to the systems and practices that organisations implement to:
- Support organisational and individual accountability for the safety and quality of care
- Maintain high standards of care
- Continuously improve the quality of service delivery
Everyone working in acute care, aged care, primary care, disability, or mental health has a key role to play in clinical governance. However, that role will differ depending on whether you're a clinician at the coalface, a manager or a Board Director. As a member of Women on Boards, you can enrol in AICG's Clinical Governance for Boards workshop (choose from Acute or Aged Care) to explore some common probes that can assist Directors to seek comfort in the area of clinical governance, regardless of whether or not you have a clinical background.
Clinical Governance for Boards - Aged Care
Online Workshop | $550 (inc. GST)
Clinical Governance for Boards - Healthcare
Online Workshop | $550 (inc. GST)
About the workshop
By enroling in this workshop, you will gain access to the following material:
- 2-hour Clinical Governance for Boards online workshop
- Clinical Governance online course
- 12-month complimentary AICG membership
- Monday 22 August 2022, 12:00pm - 2:00pm (AEST)
Aged care workshops
- Tuesday 30 August 2022, 12:00pm - 2:00pm (AEST)
The Clinical Governance for Boards workshop is an interactive online 2-hour workshop where you will explore your role in clinical governance and how clinical governance differs from corporate governance. The Healthcare and Aged Care workshops differ in their use of case study examples and the dialogue drawn out by the expert facilitators.
You will be exposed to/cover the AICG Board clinical governance capability framework domains, glean important insights from clinical governance failures, receive tips on red flags and key questions to ask and together explore having the right information at your fingertips through effective reporting models and subcommittee structures.
Workshop learning objectives:
- Examine the responsibilities of Board Directors in the area of clinical governance
- Identify, apply and manage a clinical governance framework
- Update your understanding of contemporary clinical governance theory
- Explore some common probes that can assist Directors to seek comfort in the area of clinical governance
- Analyse the critical role of the clinical / care Governance Board sub-committee
As part of the workshop, you will also gain access to the Clinical Governance online course, which provides participants with a clinical governance foundation. You are asked to complete the online course prior to the workshop, which will be made available four weeks before its commencement.
The online course consists of three modules:
- Module A: Introduction to clinical governance
- Module B: The role of quality and safety in healthcare
- Module C: Credentialing and professional development in clinical governance
It is estimated that you will need to spend approximately two hours per module (six hours in total) on this online component1, which can be completed over multiple days.
All AICG programs have been written by expert contractors to reflect the elements of the AICG Clinical Governance Framework, reviewed by the Course Advisory Committee and approved for continuing professional development points/hours. Please check respective courses for CPD points/hours and approval by accrediting bodies.
continuing professional development
Participants can record up to 8 CPD hours for undertaking the Clinical Governance online course and the Board workshop.
$550 (inc. GST)